As you know my parents own some land in Buffalo, TX. Well every year Buffalo has a festival weekend called the "Buffalo Stampede". They have a parade, dog show, auction and a carnival atmosphere. This year my folks decided to enter the parade. Dad put on his Elvis costume and the rest of the family was his "fan club". My aunts and cousins came and we all got into the spirit dressed in our 50's garb. Elvis rode in the parade on the back of my aunts Mercedes convertible. The cutest part was Chandler was a "mini-Elvis" it was so cute. Of course we won first place and will be in the Buffalo Express. We are famous! No one can say my family doesn't know how to have a good time. We had so much fun and I think we were the hit of the town.




Also, we entered Allie in the dog show and she won first place for best trick and all she did was roll over. Her competition wasn't that great but we don't tell her. She is first place in our heart!
Matt and Allie "performing"

The winners circle.
Our first place pup!
5 comments:
That's so fun!!!!
Wow!! That looks like so much fun! I miss you! We must make plans, call me this week and we will discuss. Tyler misses his "Gamie"!
That cracks me up! If I had known, I could have let you borrow my dad's '57 Thunderbird (convertible) or his '57 pontiac! Both would have fit right in with the elvis theme! Especially the thunderbird! You guys do know how to have a good time! Congrats on the 1st place! And who knew that Buffalo was so fun, we used to stop there every time on our way to Houston to swap with my grandparenst at the Texas Burger!
You crack me up!
you are no longer allowed to leave comments on my blog about the frequency of postings!!!! Oh Yeah! I will be in Dallas this weekend, I have to go into the field and work for a few days so I am meeting my mom in Fairfield tomorrow so she can watch Ty for me, then coming up fri-sun. I would love to see you guys, what do ya'll have going on?
Post a Comment