Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My poor puppy

So last night about 9:00, Matt and I noticed that Allie was limping. She hadn't been limping at all earlier in the evening, so we thought maybe her leg was a sleep or she just had a cramp. Well this morning it was even worse, she wouldn't even put her paw on the ground when she was sitting. She was just limping all around the house and holding her paw up. She wasn't crying too much but you could tell it was hurting her. It was pretty darn sad.

So, Matt took her to the vet this morning to get her checked out. The doc did an x-ray and couldn't find any breaks or fractures so he thinks it is just a severe sprain. We have no idea how she got it but she has to wear this splint for the next 10 days. Poor baby!

She does look awfully happy in this picture...of course she is doped up on pain meds. Who knew they had the same effect on dogs as they do on humans. =)


P.S. Excuse the picture quality they were taken with a cell phone.

3 comments:

Riss said...

She is a beautiful dog. I hope she gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Give Allie a hug from Nana and Pepaw. Love MOM

Lacie said...

Thanks for the comment. I don't know when I will be back up there. Tyler starts soccer today and I will get his game calendar. I think most of his games are on Saturdays though. Why don't you guys come down here?????