Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Not your typical pregnant lady

So I've noticed something about myself these past several months. Unlike the typical pregnant lady you hear about eating everything in the fridge, since I have been pregnant I don't like to eat. Now don't get me wrong I still enjoy food its just I get full so much easier at mealtimes than I ever did before. I can't sit down to dinner and eat nearly as much as I used to. I am sure this has something to do with the fact that my stomach is smaller since the baby is squishing it, but its just weird to me. I guess when I got pregnant I had visions of eating not only anything I wanted but as much of it as I wanted. Just not true. I'm lucky if I can make it through a 1/2 of a 6" sub from Subway without feeling stuffed. Now I know that the baby needs the nutrition so don't worry I am doing the whole eat six times a day and I've gained enough weight that the doctor is not worried or anything, but it's hard. I never thought it would be hard to "pig out" but it is. It was especially difficult the first 16 weeks when I threw up everything I ate. Anyway, just a random thought..was anyone else like this?

On a side note, we finished our last birthing class last night and Matt had to put on the "sympathy belly," it was pretty funny. I'll post pictures tonight.

No comments: