Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008 in Review

I saw this on a friends blog and thought I'd fill it out since 2008 has been quite eventful. (Thanks Cat!)

1. What did you do in 2008 that you had never done before. Give birth.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more next year? I am sure I made one but I don't remember so I guess that tells you I didn't keep it. I'll make a few this year but I don't pressure myself to keep them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Uhh me. But I did have two other friends give birth also.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Matt's grandfather died in June. I wasn't close to him but he was a family member.

5. What countries did you visit? none. Plan on going on a cruise to Mexico in 2009.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A closer relationship with God.

7. What dates in 2008 will remain etched in your memory and why? 8/8/08 - Carter's bday.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Carter

9. What was your biggest failure? I worried too much.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope. I gave birth which I don't consider and illness or injury, but I did have surgery.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Carter's Boppy. I didn't actually buy it but got it as a shower gift.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Matt - he was so amazing through the whole pregnancy/birth and is the most incredible father.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? No one really

14. Where did most of your money go? My son. You have to buy a lot of stuff when you have a new baby.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Carter

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Godspeed by the Dixie Chicks

17. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? slightly thinner
c) richer or poorer? poorer

18. What do you wish you had done more of? Prayed

19. What do you wish you had done less of? Complained

20. How did you spend Christmas? With family

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Absolutely! I fell madly in love with my precious son more than I could ever have imagined.

22. What was your favorite tv program? Grey's Anatomy

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't hate anyone

24. What was the best book you read? Any one of the Janet Evanovich number books

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? New Kids on the Block back together!

26. What did you want and get? A new job - start Monday

27. What did you want and not get? A new house - maybe in 2009

28. What was your favorite film of this year? 27 Dresses (was that this year?)

29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? 28 and I don't remember, probably just out to eat.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? My year was very satisfying. I really can't think of anything.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Maternity, Maternity, Maternity

32. What kept you sane? Matt

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Zac Efron, I admit I have a small crush.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? The presidential election.

35. Who did you miss? My Papa.

36. Who was the best new person that you met? Maria, my maid, has been a lifesaver.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. To cherish every moment.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Godspeed little man,
sweet dreams little man,
oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where do you want to move? I didn't know you wanted a new house???

Unknown said...

You should TOTALLY move to Dallas!!!

Emily said...

We'll stay in the same city just need a bigger house. Kids have ALOT of stuff.