Yesterday my baby turned one. I can't believe it. It has been a whirl wind year but I have loved every minute. I can't imagine my life without my Carter bug. He has brought so much joy and happiness into my life that I never imagined. So in honor of his 12th month here is a list of 12 things I love about my Carter at one year. 1. His smile - Carter is always smiling and I have had numerous people tell me what a happy baby he is.
2. His laugh - It is so funny because he loves to laugh and can often make himself laugh. It is so much fun to watch.
3. His walk - He started walking at about 11 months and it is so much fun to see him walking and exploring. He just recently started being able to get up from sitting to walking without pulling up on something and I am sure running is next.
4. His dimples - When Carter smiles he has these two big dimples that are just adorable.
5. His open mouth kisses - When you ask Carter for a kiss he leans in open mouth ready to give you some sugar. It makes me melt.
6. His eyes - My sweet Carter got his daddy's big beautiful blue eyes. I know someday they will drive the ladies wild.
7. His "drama" - It is so funny because he has figured out how to do a fake laugh and a fake cough. He will do it then look at you waiting for your response.
8. His shyness - It's funny because often times he will get a little shy around new people and if I am holding him he will lean his head on my shoulder. I love it.
9. His adventurous spirit - My kiddo loves to explore. He loves to climb and crawl behind the chair always looking for something new.
10. His hair - This may sound funny but I love his hair. It is a nice dirty blonde color but what I love most is the wave in the back. So cute.
11. His serious face - Sometimes he will just look at you like you are crazy with this serious look. It's greatness.
12. His reaching - What I mean by this is I love that he is reaching for me now. He knows me. He knows I am his mommy and he will walk over to me and reach up wanting to be in my arms.
There is nothing better than knowing that the little one you love the most in this world loves you back.
Being that Carter's birthday fell on a Saturday we were lucky enough to have his party on his actual birthday. We had a cowboy party and it was so much fun. We had a wonderful time and we are so lucky so many people love him. Thank you to all my wonderful friends and family that came to celebrate Carter. We love you! Enjoy the pictures.
Earlier in the day. My cousin's daughter gave Carter this shirt when he was born. We were very excited he finally got to wear it.
Everything all decorated for our cowboy party.







This was his face while we sang happy birthday.
The smash cake.
He wasn't too sure at first but once he tasted it he loved it.


Relaxing after a long day in his new wagon.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Carter!
what a cute party! and a cute birthday boy!
Post a Comment