So yesterday Matt had to be at church early to help set up, so Carter and I came later. I pulled into the parking lot at church, get out of the car and managed to lock my son in the car. Nice! I ran inside to see if Matt had the spare key (don't worry someone stood by the car with CPG) and of course he had left the key to my car at home. So he had to run home real quick which is only about 5 min. away and get the spare key. The whole event probably took less than 20 min. but it felt like forever. Carter found it quite amusing and every time I would look in the window he would just look at me and smile. He had no idea how stressed I was. The worst part was explaining to all of the people who were walking into church why I was just standing by the car in the parking lot and knowing they were probably one minute away from calling CPS on the crazy lady who locked her kid in the car. Luckily it was not hot out and like I said we had him out of the car in less than 20 min.
You can now give me the Mom of the Year Trophy!
2 comments:
Well he seemed just as happy as could be in bible class, so I don't think it had any lasting effect!
I have been out of the running for the mom of the year award for quiet some time!
Once I locked Jayden in the car when he was a baby while I was at my nanny job. I got the kidds I was watching off the bus and realized I had left the house key at home. I put Jayden back in the car with the diaper bag, which had my keys in them! My phone was also in the car so I had to go to the next door neighbors house to try and get ahold of Jesse at work. He was out on the ambulance and I was advised to call 911. Yeah, I had to have the fire department come pop open my car door. It was quite embarassing! So don't feel too bad! We all have our "moments!"
Post a Comment