Friday, January 29, 2010

Exciting morning

So Carter is home sick today with a double ear infection (joy).

Anyway we were sitting on the couch around 11:30 this morning when the doorbell rang. I ignored it thinking it was sales or something. Then the person at the door BANGED very loudly on my door. Matt was on his way home for lunch so I thought maybe it was him and he forgot his key or something. So I got up and opened the door and a police man was standing there. I immediately started getting really nervous. He then proceeded to ask me if everything was OK because there had been a 911 call from my house. WHAT???

Then I remembered Carter was playing with the phone about 30 minutes ago. SHOOT!!!! I profusely and embarrassingly apologized to the poor officer who was standing at my front door in the rain and assured him everything was fine.

How does an 18 month old call 911? And, while I am not complaining and very appreciative they came to check on me, why didn't they call back first since it was a hang up?

Oh well I guess I knew it would happen eventually.

1 comment:

The Cox Family said...

I think it's something you'll laugh about later (if you aren't already laughing!)I was always scared that Jayden would do that. Especially when he watches shows about calling 911 in an emergency or the police/fire men came to his school!