Monday

I forgot to bring my camera to the movies so I had to use my phone. Well my cell has this crazy flash on it so every time I took the picture Carter would close his eyes. This is the best I could get.
Carter doesn't look like he was having very much fun here but trust me he was.
Wednesday
Wednesday Matt and Carter went to visit his grandparents in Denton while I had to do a work thing (I know...). Then we just chilled the rest of the day and that evening I went shopping with my mom.
Thursday
Thursday was our busy day. We went to the 6th Floor Museum which Carter did ok for the first half then he got really board and had a melt down. I am not sure but I think he may have eaten about 3 packages of fruit snacks...I was desperate. We made it through but I strongly recommend not bringing little ones when you visit. Anyway after that we ate lunch at Goff's hamburgers (no relation). They are a staple here in Dallas so it was fun to check it out. After lunch and a quick nap in the car we went to the Children's Museum. And let me tell you my kiddo had a blast. He LOVED it. I am sure we could have stayed there much longer but Mommy and Daddy were worn out (plus we wanted to beat the Dallas traffic). We had a great day and I remembered to bring my camera so enjoy the pics.
You can't take pictures inside the museum but I got a few of us on the grassy knoll and Dealey Plaza.




The Children's Museum was a big hit. Digging for fossils.
Driving the fire truck.

Making music.

Checking out a very handsome boy.
Playing on the farm.
Who knew milking a cow was so fun.

Friday
Friday was another fun and busy day. We started off at Pump It Up Jr. which is basically a room of bounce houses. Carter had a good time but after awhile it got crowded and some bigger kids showed up and were kind of pushy. Plus we saw a kid with red bumps all over his arms that looked a little like chicken pox so we didn't want to risk it. I mean I really hope a mother is not that dumb to bring a kid with chicken pox to a place like that but you never know. Not to mention my real worry wasn't even Carter. Matt has never had the chicken pox (yes we will have to cross that road when we get to it) so we wanted to get outta there. After there we went to a small museum in Mckinney and it was really cute. They had this life like display of Ice Age animals which freaked Carter out a little but was neat to look at. They also had a butterfly exhibit which I got some great pictures of. We ended the day at this great splash park in our neighborhood. Carter loved it! He was a little weary at first but then he got into it and was having a great time. He even tried to drink the water several times...nice.
Please ignore his non-matching outfit.
So apparently Carter did not want his picture taken here.

I love Carter's face in this picture. Kind of a "Not so sure about that thing" look.





This is my favorite picture from the week. I love his expression of pure joy!!
Saturday
On Saturday Matt's work had a employee appreciation party at Main Event that we went to. It was fun and the best part was everything was free. Free food, games, bowling and more. We really like his co-workers so we had a great time hanging out with them. Carter had fun playing the games and eating pizza while Daddy played Lazer Tag with his co-workers. The rest of Saturday was spent relaxing and I rented another movie (Leap Year). In case you haven't noticed I love to watch movies both in the theater and rented.
Sunday
Sunday we celebrated the best daddy in the world. Matt is such an amazing father who adores his son and truly commits his life to raising his family. We went to church with my parents (to also celebrate another amazing dad and grandpa), ate lunch and took a 2 hr nap...bliss.

Sorry this post is so long. You have probably stopped reading by now but if not kudos to you. I just wanted to document the week of fun with my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment