Thursday, September 30, 2010

Softball is not good

I have decided that no one over the age of 25 should EVER play softball. I have known too many friends and family get injured and now I can add myself to the list. I play softball with my work and let's just say I wish I would have had a video camera because I could have submitted the video to America's Funniest Home Videos and been a millionaire.

Last night, I was running hard into second base and well my clumsy graceful self tripped over the base, face planted and slid a few feet (well maybe it was only a few inches but it felt like a mile). I am pretty beat up and here is a picture of my face for proof. My knee is worse but I figured you didn't want to see that, it's not quite as pretty =). Oh and incase you are wondering I was safe, that is what you call taking one for the team.

I am ok and I will heal, at least physically. My pride and ego are pretty bruised also and who knows how long this story will last...on second thought maybe I AM glad no one had a video camera.

No comments: