Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Busy 4th Weekend

We had a great but busy 4th of July weekend.

We started the weekend with a fun family outing to a minor league baseball game on Friday night. It was fun but it was HOT!! Carter did ok. I still think he is a little too young to be interested because he watched maybe two seconds of the game and then spent the rest of the time trying to walk up and down the stairs in the aisle.


Carter is getting harder and harder to take pictures of. If he is not in the mood he will not give you a smile.



Saturday we started the fun adventure of potty training. I wanted to try to do it boot camp style where we did it in three days but after two days I decided he just wasn't ready. He gets the concept of going in the potty and when we ask him what he is supposed to do when he has to go pee pee he responds right (go in the potty) but he just hasn't mastered actually doing it. We would take him to the potty every 30 min to an hour and he'd tinkle a little then two minutes later he'd wet his pants. But I don't feel defeated or anything. I know one day it will just click so we'll just keep plugging away until that day. He is in pull ups full time and on the weekends we'll go back to undies. I am proud of the progress he made this weekend and I am sure he'll have it down in no time!



Sunday night we went to Matt's parents for dinner to celebrate the 4th and then Monday we went to my parents house for lunch. We had a nice time at both and enjoyed time with family.

Here is our annual 4th of July family picture. I look GINORMOUS but oh well. Only 60 days to go til the girls get here! I have a lot to do!

No comments: