Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas and 4 months

This is going to be a somewhat wordy post so I am warning you in advance if you want to just stop reading and look at the pictures of my beautiful children.

Christmas this year was good but a little challenging as well. Every year we split the day since both of our families live less than 30 minutes apart. It is great to see everyone but it also makes for a very long day. We spent Christmas Eve day with Matt's immediate family and Christmas Eve night at church with my parents. Then we went to Matt's aunt's on Christmas day with his extended family and then Christmas day night back with my family. On top of all this Adalyn's surgery was on Thursday the 22nd so she was in a lot of pain and not eating which resulted in a lot of fussiness and crying. Pretty much the entire weekend was physically and emotionally draining. So while it was fun to see family and to watch Carter really get into Christmas it was also very stressful. But I am thankful that we were all together and not in the hospital. I know there are so many other folks who are struggling with so much worse.

I will say all of this did make me so much more thankful for my children and I feel I gained a better perspective of the true meaning of the holiday. Seeing the pain and discomfort Adalyn was going through during those several days broke my heart but it was nothing compared to the pain and suffering Christ went through. I thought a lot about Mary and how the joy of giving birth to a baby boy was overshadowed by the fact that He would eventually pay the ultimate price. I can't imagine the heart break she felt as she watched her son suffer in so much pain when He died for me. What a brave and strong woman she must have been. I know I could never do it.

I could say a lot more about this holiday and Adalyn's surgery but for now enjoy the pictures of Christmas 2011. I will admit I was very stressed this weekend so I did not take as many pictures as I would have liked. I apologize up front to my twinkies that they don't have a very good photo representation of their first Christmas.


**Sorry for the red eye. Something is going on with my camera...maybe time for a new one.


Visiting Santa a few weeks ago. I think Carter got to see Santa at least 5 times this year. He seemed to be everywhere!






Super cool motorcycle Carter got from Gigi and Gramps. Don't worry I put his helmet on after the picture.



Our annual family Christmas picture. This was at the end of the day and we were exhausted and the girls has already been in a change of clothes so its a little rough but hey its reality right?



Christmas Eve leaving cookies for Santa. I love the picture Carter drew for Santa and I am sure Santa loved it too.



I can't believe I am posting this for the world to see because let's face it I am NOT a morning person but I thought it was so cute how Carter kept wanting to sing with me with his new mircophone and guitar. I love my boy!



In other news here is the girls 4 month picture as well as their stats. The girls are doing great and continuing to grow. They started cereal last week and Adalyn rolled over for the first time this Monday. Brooklyn hasn't rolled over yet but she is rolling to the side so it will be any day. They are both laughing a lot and smiling like crazy (see picture below). Adalyn lost a little weight with her surgery so Brooklyln has finally passed her. I think she will always be a little bit smaller even though she was bigger when they were born. She just seems to have a smaller frame.

Adalyn
12.5 lbs - 25th percentile
24 inches - 50-60th percentile

Brooklyn
13.4 lbs - 50th percentile
24 inches - 50th - 60th percentile

No comments: