Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012 **Lots of Pictures**

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Last year Adalyn was recovering from her surgery on the 22nd and it was a very difficult year. She was in a lot of pain and that made for a challenging day. This year was so different. We had a blast and the kids were in great moods all day. I am continually blessed to have healthy and happy kiddos. 

We started the holiday festivities at Matt's parents house on the 23rd.  His Granny from Arkansas was there so it was great to see her and spend some time with her.  The kids got LOTS of great goodies and had a fun time opening presents. Carter especially had so much fun! I loved watching his face light up with each present no matter how small. He was in heaven.






The batman mask from Aunt Jayme was a big hit.



On Christmas Eve we went out to dinner with my folks and Chandler at Outback Steakhouse. We then went home to get ready for Santa.   

I only took a few pictures because my husband was embarrassed that I was taking pictures in a crowded restaurant.

 When we got home Carter laid out Reindeer food for Santa's Reindeer.


Cookies are all set for Santa and Christmas pjs are on.

Christmas morning was a blast.  Carter was so excited and could hardly contain his excitement. I loved watching his face and seeing the joy.  It made it all worth it.

 All the goodies Santa left us.


 Brooklyn still looks a little sleepy here.They really didn't wake up too much earlier than normal so that was good.


 Carter's new bike.  He hasn't gotten a chance to ride it yet because of all the crazy weather. Hopefully he will this week.

Our Christmas morning picture. 

The biggest hit this year was the Peter Pan costume.  He asked us for this awhile ago and I wasn't sure why but he LOVED it. He wore it all day on Christmas and all day on the 26th. He is so cute running around the house yelling "I'll catch you Captain Hook".  I love his imagination.

Buzz Lightyear was a big hit as well. Unfortunately it broke the day after Christmas. We tried to take it back but they were out, so we are waiting for more to come in to exchange it.  Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

 I just love this picture of Adalyn.

After Santa, we headed to my parents for more gift exchanging fun. They kids got some great presents and had a great time. As you can see Carter went as Peter Pan...the kid wore it all day.


 This kitchen has a great story. Back in 1979 Matt's dad and grandpa built this kitchen for his cousins.  The kitchen has been passed down in the family since then and I think pretty much every granddaughter (and grandson) has played with it a one point. 

Several months ago it ended up at our house for the girls. Being that it is over 30 years old it was in a little rough shape. So my mom asked if she and my dad could restore it for our kiddos.  They did an amazing job and it was a huge hit. I think Adalyn played with it most of the day. 


They spent hours sanding, painting and fixing it and I am so thankful. I love it and I know the kids will get hours and hours of play out of it. Mom and Dad bought all sorts of plates, pots and pans, food and appliances to go with it. You can't tell from the pictures but the aprons on the left have each of their names on them and the hot plates in the back say "Goff's Kitchen". 
It is really special to me and Matt that so much love has been put into this kitchen both 30 yrs ago and this year for our kiddos to enjoy.

 Our annual family picture on Christmas day. I love that Carter is dressed as Peter Pan.




 Ready to eat a delicous Christmas lunch.

Of course the snow started coming down around 2:00 on Christmas Day and it was beautiful. Unfortunately, we were suppose to go out to Denton to see Matt's family but we decided to not risk the drive as it was only going to get worse as the day went on.  So we left my folks around 3:00 and went home to enjoy the snow and all of our goodies.

 Carter had a blast in the snow helping Daddy build a snowman.


 Brooklyn also loved the snow.


My little girlie girl Adalyn on the other hand, did not like the snow. I have about 3 or 4 pictures of Brooklyn in the snow. I only have this one of Adalyn and she is crying.  She was not a fan of being cold. She is my little diva for sure.  In the picture below you can see her jacket hood as she is heading towards the back door.



All in all it was an amazing holiday and I am so grateful for my wonderful family whom I love so much. I know that there are so many other families that are missing loved ones this season so I do my best to keep that in mind and know how lucky I am.  The Lord blesses me daily with these three amazing kids and there is nothing more I could ask for.

We are looking forward to an exciting 2013. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Shayebell said...

Looks like your family had a wonderful Christmas! Sadie also hated the snow - she cried when we tried to set her down in it & she did not want to touch it! I guess she's a diva also :)