Being a mom of twins has taught me so much over the past two years. I think mostly patience. It has been challenging at times to say the least, but is has also taught me to appreciate life and my healthy babies. A lot of twins are born premature which creates so many challenges. Mine were not. Besides Adalyn's kidney reflux when she was newborn, they have been healthy and thriving and happy. I know how blessed I am and thank God everyday for my little girls.
So here are a few reasons why I love my girls.
Adalyn
1. She can be the sweetest thing. Girl loves to give hugs and kisses.
2. She is a mommy's girl. She always wants me to hold her and likes to be near me. I love it.
3. She is a drama queen! When she is happy she has one of the biggest smiles you have ever seen. But when she is mad...watch out!
4. She loves her brother. Adalyn and Carter have a very sweet relationship. Pretty much anything he does makes her laugh...belly laugh. It is adorable.
Brooklyn
1. She is smart. I know all parents think that, but the girl can say complete sentences. She catches on to things really quickly and surprises us everyday with how much she knows and understands.
2. She is strong willed and independent. Like her brother, Brooklyn definitely wants to do what she wants. She is already showing her sneaky side and while I am sure her teenage years will be a challenge, I have a feeling that nothing will hold this girl back.
3. She is funny. Here facial expressions and some of the things she says and does just crack me and Matt up. She can put on a show for you.
4. She can be so darn sweet. She surprises us sometimes by just laying her head on our shoulder or giving a random hug or kiss. Almost every time Matt is holding her, she will be patting his arm or his back. It is very sweet.
I have enjoyed watching them start to really play with each other. In one instance they are fighting, while in the next they are asking where each other is. I hope and pray every day that they grow up close and each are always others best friend.
Here is their two year picture. In true fashion, Adalyn was not having any part of it while Brooklyn was loving it. I also realized I put them on the wrong side of the owl, oh well. So these aren't the greatest pics but I love them anyway!







1 comment:
I can't believe your girls have already turned 2! We look forward to celebrating with them next week :)
Post a Comment