Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The American Music Awards

So I had an amazing opportunity to attend the 2014 American Music Awards in Los Angeles.  It was an incredible trip and I am so grateful to my work for allowing me this opportunity.

I traveled with one of my sweet co-workers, Kristy. She is great and I really enjoyed getting to spend the extra time with her.

We arrived on Friday and had lunch at The Ivy in Beverly Hills. We then hiked Runyon Canyon to get a breathtaking view of downtown LA and the Hollywood sign. Friday night we enjoyed sushi and cocktails.

 The Ivy
 
 
 
 
 
Saturday we enjoyed breakfast at The Pantry which is a diner that has been in downtown LA since 1924. They only take cash and the coffee is $.50.  The servings were massive and it was DELICIOUS!
 
Then we had the opportunity to attend rehearsal for Lorde and Arianna Grande.  We were not allowed to take pictures but we were able to sneak this one of the stage. 

Saturday night we enjoyed dinner with several other co-workers who were able to attend the event as well.  We then tried to go to this rooftop bar, but the line was long and we didn't want to wait so we just headed back for drinks at the hotel.
 
 
On Sunday we got up and enjoyed breakfast at the hotel then went to get our hair done. I was very nervous at first because the stylist did not have an actual salon just a chair in his apartment.  He was very talented and a very unique individual. Plus I loved my hair and think it turned out beautiful.
 
After our hair we met up in the Coke Hospitality Suite for appetizers and drinks before the big show.
 
 
 
Then came time to walk over to the red carpet. It was AMAZING! We were able to be on the actual red carpet, take pictures and spot some celebrities.

Lance Bass
 
 
 
Me on the red carpet
 
 
After the red carpet we went into the show. Somehow, Kristy and I scored front row seats. We were  like 5 feet from every celebrity that presented on our end of the stage.  We sat next to Kate Beckensale's daughter, we were the row behind One Direction and several celebrities walked right past us as they were going to their seats. To say the least I was star struck.
 This was a picture that Matt sent me he took of the TV. That is me in the blue dress.
 
 
McDreamy
 
 JLo
 
 Taylor Swift
 
 Luke Bryan
 
 One Direction
 
  
 During a commercial break Kristy snagged a picture with Harry Styles from One Direction
 
After the show, we celebrated at the after party where we met a few more celebs.
 
 Scott Hoying from Pentatonix 
 
 Anthony Anderson from Blackish
 
Over all it was an amazing trip that I will remember for a lifetime.

No comments: