Matt had to go to New York for work, so I took advantage of the opportunity to meet him there. We love NYC and always enjoy a few days to ourselves.
I got there while Matt was still working so I enjoyed a little shopping and Juniors cheesecake.
It snowed on Friday which was crazy but we didn't let it slow us down. We just bundled up and walked all over the city getting wet and cold.
We ate dinner at this great place called Beauty and Essex. You walk into this old pawn shop and then they open the 'back door' to this swanky restaurant. The food was fabulous and we had a great time.
We then made an impromptu decision to see the musical Waitress. It was so good and I am so glad we saw it. We literally bought tickets about 2 mins before the show started while we were walking by the theatre so that's why I look pretty rough from the cold and rain all day. I didn't have a chance to go get pretty, but oh well, it was worth it.
Saturday we spent time down by NYU and Parsons. It is a neat area and one we hadn't spent a lot of time so I was glad we checked it out. Then I grabbed some delicious cookie dough which of course made my day.
We had about 8 days to recover from our trip to NYC, when we loaded up the kids and headed to Branson, MO for Spring Break. We booked a condo with the Strickland's and spent a week exploring Branson. It was a lot of fun and we always have a great time with the Stricks.
Loaded in the car, ready for the 7hr drive. The kids actually did really great in the car. Thankful for the DVD player for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment