We decided to take an end of summer hurrah to the beach. We loaded up the car and drove 11 hours to Gulf Shores, AL the week before school started. It was just the five of us and we had a really great time. The kids loved the beach and it was nice to just relax and spend time together as a family.
The minute we drove up the kids ran for the ocean. They were so excited to be there and honestly I was too. I love the beach.
The house we stayed at didn't end up being that great inside, but it was literally right on the beach which made up for it.
My beautiful beach bums!
Of course the kids had to bury daddy in the sand and then me and then we buried them. The girls especially thought it was so fun.
Carter turned 11 while we were there so we went out to eat on his birthday to a really fun place. The kids had a great time!
I had to make sure and capture his photo!
We came back nice and rested from the beach and headed into our next adventure...school starting! Carter started 5th grade, his last year of elementary school. I have mixed emotions about how I feel about that. I love seeing him grow and mature, but I also see what is coming and know I am going to miss him being so young and innocent. The girls started 2nd grade. They were so excited about their teachers and seeing their friends again. They are still at that age where school is so much fun and I am glad they are enjoying it. Each new school year comes with a lot of joy and challenges.
Meet the Teacher!
Mrs. Walterschied
Ms. Axelson
Mrs. Coleman
Frist day of school!
Always excited for the school year to start!
We rolled into September celebrating the girls turning 8. They had a sweet and sassy dress up party and had a blast getting glittery and dressed up with their friends.
Matt and I were lucky enough to get tickets to the UT vs LSU game in Austin. It was probably the hottest I have ever been but it didn't stop us from having a great time.
Soccer season also kicked off in September. All three kids enjoy playing and are getting better each year. Adalyn has really stepped out as a go-getter on the field and hope she keeps playing.
Carter and I went to the mother son dance...Aloha! We had a great time and he was a real gentleman all evening. I think I only have one more year left before he ages out so I am soaking up the time he wants to spend with me.
We rounded out September with Carter getting his braces off! I love that beautiful face. There will probably be a phase II as more of his adult teeth grow in, but they look really good for now.











1 comment:
Love, love, love when you post & I get to catch up with your family! Glad y'all are doing well!
Post a Comment