Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Advice needed

Has anyone put in a new fence recently? If so how did you work out arrangements with your neighbors? We are planning on putting a new fence up this weekend and the side we share with our neighbors is technically 3 inches or their property, so I guess they "own" it. We have talked to them and they have agreed to what we are doing and even agreed to pay for half of that side. I of course am a trusting person and trying not to be too skeptical, but should we have them sign a contract or something acknowledging that we are tearing down the fence on their property and replacing it with a new one? I just don't want them to come back in a few weeks and say we tore down their fence and we have to replace it with one they like. What are your thoughts or past experiences....

1 comment:

Lacie said...

Seriously...(don't take this the wrong way because I love you dearly) were you always worst case senario girl? Do you have any reason to believe that they wouldn't be anything but gracious about the initiative you are taking to build a new fence? If you have had a history of shady negotiations with these said neighbors then maybe you would want to have them sign a contract or affidavit of acceptance of the new fence but otherwise I think I would just take them at their word.