Just wanted to wish my dad a Happy 57th Birthday today! He is one of the greatest people I know. So in honor of dad here are 6 things I love about him.
1. He's hilarious! My dad is so funny and so much fun. I feel so lucky to have grown up with laughter in our family. From his Elvis impersonation to his corny jokes, he always has me laughing. He is the life of the party. (see post from Sept. 16, 2007).
2. His work ethic. My dad has always been a hardworker. Watching him as taught me the work ethic I have today.
3. Our relationship. I am a bonefied, Daddy's girl. We have always had a special bond and have shared many moments. Growing up some of my favorite times were going to work with him and being so proud to be with him. We used to have some great talks on the hour commute to his office. I remember watching sports together and always being daddy's little helper. My dad loves me no matter what! He has always supported me, he has always encouraged me and he has always been there for me whenever I have needed him.
4. His funness (is that a word?). My dad loves to have a good time and he loves to share that with his family. He likes to play games (especially Texas Hold 'em), go to fun events (the Rodeo), go gambling and just likes to have a good time.
5. His tenderness. He will probably kill me for posting this but my dad has a very tender heart. For those of you who know him he has a tendency to cry pretty easily, especially when it comes to anything about his daughters. But I love that about him and I have inherited that from him. Shoot he is probably crying now as he reads this.
6. He is a great grandpa. My nephew, Chandler, adores my dad. He loves Chandler so much and I am so excited for my child to be able to have him as a grandpa. I can't wait until "Peanut" can meet his/her Pepaw.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! I LOVE YOU!!!
1 comment:
I love your dad too!
Post a Comment