That is the song that I will be singing for the next several days. I went to the doctor this morning and I have made no progress and he said it seems like the baby was even higher today than last week. So once again we wait. I go back next Monday and he said if I had not done anything more by then he would schedule an induction either Wednesday or Thursday - fun fact if he puts me in the hospital on Thursday night Cater would be born on Friday 08.08.08.
The good news is we did have a sono and everything looks great. The tech predicted Carter is a healthy 7.9 right now and in the 51 percentile. She said everything looks normal and healthy which is great to hear. My blood pressure was normal which was good also.
My specific prayer request is for patience. I am really to that point where I don't think I can do it anymore. Mentally, physically, emotionally - I am spent. I know the longer the baby "cooks" the better, so I am doing my best to focus on that. I am just so ready for the next adventure. I am ready to meet my son and to begin that part of our life. So please pray for me in the next week and a half that I can make it through this without losing my mind too much. Also, pray for the people around me. I am pretty irritable and I am doing my best to keep it in check, just sometimes I slip up.
Of course I am holding onto the small hope that something could change and who knows I could go into labor tonight....
6 comments:
Thinking of you!!
Girl, I totally get it! I remember sobbing in my OB's office when he told me he'd let me go 10 days past my due date and I wanted to rip his face off! But...here are a few thoughts: 1)Ultrasounds almost always estimate high on the weight and you would never want to have the risk of him being too small. 2) TRY (and it might be hard) to relish in these last few DAYS of just you and Matt. You will be so glad that you did because...3) When he's six and arguing with you, you will want to put him back! Hard to believe at this point or at any point until that time but you will find yourself thinking (as I did tonight as I thought about you) "Dude, I wanted her out so bad and now I want to put her back in!" Love you and we're praying for perfect timing on his arrival in your world!
Missing you so much and thinking and praying for you!!! Good luck, precious girl!!! I can't wait to meet Carter the next time we come home!! Love you!
I've so been there. But I'm with Sara...there will come moments (and they're only moments) that you want to put them back!! Just relax with Matt as much as possible, see as many movies as you can tolerate, and sleep a LOT! Carter will be here before you know it, and you will long for one small moment alone with your hubby.:) Hang in there. We're praying peace on you and Matt, an easy delivery, and perfect health for sweet little Carter.
I can't to hear that Carter is here! And see pictures!!!!
Hey Emily-- I found your blog through Jacquie Graves' blog! Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your little man! I have 3 little ones (3 yrs, 21 months, and 4 months)---so I TOTALLY understand what you're going through! Hang in there, good luck, & best wishes!!
--Tricia (Hutchinson) Lyday (from ORHS 98)
Post a Comment