Wednesday, February 03, 2010

I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart

Tonight I have an overwhelming joy in my heart that I want to share with you. And while many (my husband included) think I am crazy to be so excited about something so small, I think many of you women out there will understand.

When Matt and I got engaged one thing I was most excited about was registering, especially for my china. And while I know that it will probably only be used a few times in my life the thought of having something so elegant, traditional and significant in my home was exciting. With that said I spent an eminence amount of time picking out the most perfect china that I LOVE.

I got my first couple of place settings at my showers and over the past 6 years I have built up my collection. The sad thing is over the past 6 years my beautiful china has lived in boxes. You see the first 5 years of our marriage we lived in either an apartment or house that didn't have a dining room so we had no need or room for a china cabinet. Then about a year ago we moved into our current house with a dining room and I have been searching for a dining room set ever since.

This weekend we found it! I found a set that I love and that I could afford. It was delivered today and I was finally able after all these years to display my wonderful china in a way it deserves. So while you may think it is silly to be so excited about this and there are so many more important things in this world, I am going to enjoy my little piece of happiness. Don't judge.

Look how she shines!! (P.S. Excuse the bare unpainted walls and not curtians. I wanted to get my chairs first so I could match the fabric).




On another note the other day I came home to the below picture and just thought it was so funny that they were napping in the exact same position. BTW it is taking a lot of guts for me to post this picture because:
1. my husband will probably kill me
2. you are seeing my unmade bed which NOBODY usually does
3. you are seeing my bedspread without the cover because it was in the washer

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Congratulations on your new china cabinet! It looks beautiful!