Monday, February 06, 2012

Fun weekend and where is Thumbkin??

This weekend was very busy but super fun as well.

We started off Friday night with a Mavericks game. Even though they lost we still had a great time!
Saturday Carter went to his first sports class...soccer. It was not nearly as successful as we had hoped. Carter spent the first 15 minutes crying and not wanting to participate. Once he finally decided to play he seemed to enjoy it but it only lasted about 20 minutes and then he started to get bored and wonder off from the group. I am hoping that each week will get a little better as he gets used to it. He is still very young so I am sure it will take some time for him to catch on and really enjoy it. After Carter's soccer class we did something we haven't done in a long time. Matt and I went to a movie. It kicked off our night away. For Christmas my mom and dad gave us a night away at the Gaylord. We had a wonderful time and it was so nice to get a break.



We started the evening with dinner at a wonderful Italian place in downtown Grapevine. It is pretty expensive so its for sure a special occasion place but totally worth the money. Delicious!
Then we rode the party bus to the Glass Cactus to see The Molly Ringwalds. They are a fantastic 80's cover band. I highly recommend them. They are so much fun!! If you love 80's music you will love them! We ended the weekend at a kid free Superbowl watching party with our friends from church. It was a much needed weekend away and we could not have done it without the help of our wonderful parents who kept the kiddos.


In other news the girls turned 5 months on the 2nd. I can't believe how they are growing. They are rolling over like crazy, enjoying delicious rice cereal and giggling and laughing all the time. Adalyn has seemed to make a fully recovery from her surgery and is doing great.

Excuse Adalyn's hair in this picture I am not sure what is going on with it. I think the poor girl is going to end up with hair like me....unruly and all over the place.


And finally I think we officially have a thumb sucker on our hands. My sweet Brooklyn discovered her thumb pretty early and I was hoping it was just a phase but "Thumbkin" has seem to come to stay. I am not a fan and am not looking forward to breaking that habit but I guess one out of three isn't too bad. I must admit as much as I hate it she does look pretty darn cute when she does it.

No comments: