Thursday, May 30, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Our Memorial Day weekend was less than stellar.  We had some great plans and they all pretty much didn't work out how we planned them. 

Matt and I took off work on Friday to go to Six Flags. Horrible idea. I guess I assumed that since all the kids would be out of school on Monday, they would be in school on Friday. What I didn't think about was the thousands of field trips that were happening that day. So while the kids were technically in school, they were all at the park. It was so crowded and we waited two hours for the first ride, only to get to the top and they shut it down because of weather. We left the park without riding one ride. It was awful. The frustrating part is we called earlier in the week to see if they could give us an idea of how crowded it would be, specifically how many groups, and she said she couldn't give us that information so we took a chance.  I have call into Customer Service to see if we could get a refund or something, so we will see.

On Monday we made plans to go to my parents and swim in their neighborhood pool. Well the weather was not cooperative and it was way too cold so we pulled out the sprinkler in the back yard for a little water fun instead.  I know we will have tons of opportunities to swim this summer, but it was still a bummer.

So while our weekend wasn't perfect, it was still great to have a 4 day weekend and spend lots of family time together!







No comments: