Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Catch Up

I am a little behind on postings from the past couple of weeks so this post will be kind of random.

Adalyn has been taking a pacifier only a night when she sleeps.  Last week, we decided it was time to tell the pacis goodbye. I didn't think just taking it away would work, so I decided to do something fun....enter the Paci Fairy.  Basically think of the Tooth Fairy, just with a pacifier. 

Before bed, we told her it was time to give her paci to the Paci Fairy and we headed outside to leave the pacis on the front porch.  Then in the morning when she got up we went outside to see what the Paci Fairy left her for being such a big girl.  We cheered and jumped up and down and made a big deal of it. I even told her teachers at school that day and they made a big deal of it as well. 

It worked pretty good and for the most part she has been fine. She has asked a few times about her pacis and we just remind her they went to the Paci Fairy and she moves on. 

 
 Finding out what the Paci Fairy left on the front porch.
 
 
So proud of her necklace and pinwheel.
 
 
Next is Valentine's Day. The kids had a great day at their parties at school and then that night we had a Valentine's dinner. I set up the table all Valentine's and hung hearts all over the kitchen.  I didn't take one picture of our Valentine's dinner but I think fun was had by all.
 
 
Ready for school. 

My sweet husband hand delivered flowers to my office. The note on the pink rose says "There is always one in the bunch that stands out and you are definitely the one that stands out for me." So sweet!
 
Finally this past week we painted our playroom. It is kind of hard to see but the color is a dark grey and we did a Chevron accent wall.  We aren't done yet as we want to add some curtains and bright color pillows and picture frames, but I think it turned out great.  Matt did most of the work so I have to give him the credit!

1 comment:

Shayebell said...

First off, I am totally glad we copied your idea & did the paci fairy with Sadie. Thank goodness our girls have finally moved on! And second, your husband is so sweet - I wish some of that sweetness would rub off on my husband :) And finally, love, love, love that chevron wall! Y'all did an awesome job!