Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hitting the slopes

This year Matt and I celebrate 10 years of marriage.  We knew we wanted to go on a trip to celebrate. After lots of discussion we decided to go skiing. Since our anniversary is in late April, we knew that wasn't the best time of year to go, so we decided to go in early March.

We went to Breckenridge, CO and we had a fantastic time. It was Matt's first time to go skiing and I hadn't been in over 10 years so we were a little nervous but excited.

We arrived on Tuesday and spent the day enjoying the scenery and town. Breckenridge is such a quaint town with a great vibe.  The only chain we saw was Starbucks. 
 
 
Our drive in to Breckenridge from Denver.

 
 
We stayed at the Grand Timber Lodge.  Great place with easy access to the town and the slopes.
 
 

 

 
 
 
Wednesday we had our class scheduled. We ate a delicious breakfast at Columbine Café and then headed to the slopes. There was a little mix up on time and we were frantically rushing to get to our lessons but actually made it with plenty of time. We spent the entire day in lessons and learning how to ski. It was a long day but I am glad we did lessons.



Thursday we went snowmobiling which was a blast. We went up to 11,600 elevation which was amazing. That afternoon we got massages and did some souvenir shopping in town.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Friday we spent the majority of the day on the slopes. I must say for some reason I felt like I did a much better job this year than last time I went. Matt did great and caught on pretty quickly. He eventually passed me in skill which I totally anticipated.

 
 
 
Saturday we flew home to our three monkeys. While we had a blast being just the two of us we sure did miss these faces.  A special thank you to my mom and dad for keeping the kids!!


We had a wonderful time just the two of us. It was nice to get away and enjoy a sport that neither one of us have a lot of experience with.  We definitely want to go back some day and even bring the kids.

1 comment:

Shayebell said...

I'm so glad y'all had a great trip! I love all of your pictures & I am happy to hear that no one got hurt :) Congratulations on 10 years - that truly is something to celebrate!