Tuesday, March 25, 2014

T-ball and Panties

OK, so the title of this post is a little odd, but let me explain.

This weekend Carter started his spring season of t-ball.  He is on the same team with a few of the players from his fall season so it is fun to get to see familiar faces. Carter is really having a great time playing t-ball which makes me and Matt very happy.  He is always excited to go to his games and practice and does pretty good paying attention (as good as a 5 yr old can do).  He isn't the best on the team, but he is having fun and that is all I care about.  Love his uniforms this year!




In other news we have started working more diligently on potty training the girls. We introduced the potty in January but haven't been focusing on it until now. I don't want to rush the girls and my goal is by time they are three which is in September so I feel like we are right on schedule.

Surprisingly, Adalyn is doing better than Brooklyn.  With all of her kidney issues the doctor told us he thought she might be hard to potty train, but she is doing great. She is having dry diapers and for the most part she tells us when she needs to go. We haven't had any success with #2 yet but one step at a time.

Brooklyn is doing OK. Like her big brother, she is very stubborn and I think the whole thing will need to be her idea. She goes on the potty, but it is sporadic and only when she wants to go.  She is a smart girl and I have no doubt she will get there when she is ready.

All that to say this weekend we put panties on for the first time.  They were both very excited to have their princess panties on (thanks Nana) and we kept saying over and over "don't get Cinderella wet, don't get Rapunzel wet...".  They did pretty good and we will keep trying each weekend. I am not sending them to school in panties until they get a little more consistent, otherwise I will have a lot of laundry to do.  I did take a picture, but my husband won't let me post it. He thinks that is weird...oh well at least I have it documented.

No comments: