Tuesday, July 14, 2015

2015 Family Staycation

Since we did not have a family vacation planned this year, we decided to have a few days of a family staycation. Matt and I took off Thursday and Friday and planned some fun activities for the kids. 

First we celebrated Matt's birthday on the 8th.  You always need three people to help you open your presents.



We started day 1 by heading to breakfast at one of our favorites, 5th Street Patio Café.

 
 
Then we headed to the Sci-Tech Museum. I was pleasantly surprised how much fun the kids had. It is pretty small but the activities were just the right size for my kids.





 
There was this really neat butterfly exhibit that the kids spent quite a bit of time in. 






 
Next stop was the water park. I love that our athletic center had an outdoor water park. It was crowded but the kids had a blast and were worn out by the end of it.



 
The night ended with a movie at home and off to bed.
 
Day 2 started with breakfast at none other than McDonalds.  My kids love that place.


 
Then we went to Sea Life. It is a small aquarium in Grapevine and again it was a great place for my kids. There was a lot of neat stuff, but not overwhelming.












 
 
 
We ended the day with a trip to the movies to see the new Minions. It was cute, I liked the Despicable movies better but overall the kids had fun.

 

We had a great time as a family and while it was exhausting, it was perfect for our kids. They had a blast and that is what is most important to me.

1 comment:

Shayebell said...

What a fun time! I'm tired from just reading your blog :)